Have an unforgettable experience driving around Haleakala Volcano through the lush rainforest of East Maui with a professional private guide.
FULL ROAD TO HANA LOOP
- Starting Price
- Small Group Private Tour Up to 7 People
- 1-2 People
- Per additional head price
- Large Group Private Tour 8-14 People
- 8 People
- Per additional head price
Ride through Hawaii’s Rainforest and leeward backside of Volcano for more diversity.
Clockwise or counter clockwise, which goes in the opposite direction of the popular traditional route, less time in the rainforest with activities listed below, while making our way to the more leeward side of the island with rugged narrow windy roads that transition to the roller coaster smooth paved, Piilani Highway, after about an hour, for sight seeing predominantly. A remarkable contrast of cliffside driving with spectacular ocean views, wildlife, the backside of Haleakala Volcano with panoramic views of the volcano, sprawling landscapes, and the Kaupo Gap!
It’s a completely different experience for those that appreciate such diversity along the way, while making our way back home through the beautiful upcountry area of Kula for views of neighboring islands, Kaho’olawe, Lanai, U-shaped snorkeling isle of Molokini, and Iao Valley Mountains.
Additional highlights to the full loop:
- Local jumping pool where the fresh water meets the saltwater.
- Laulima Farms for local fruits & tasty treats.
- Wailua Falls (largest waterfall on Hana Rd)
- Other black sand bays or coasts.
- Hidden 80 ft waterfall (seasonal).
- Aviator, Charles Lindbergh’s grave.
Whether you prefer more adventure, sightseeing, tasty local foods and snacks, there are countless choices along the way, making our single day tours flexible with plenty to do, whichever you choose.
- Explore waterfalls on the Road to Hana. Hike to hidden waterfalls.
- Explore a bamboo forest (weather permitting).
- View the never seen before, painterly Rainbow Eucalyptus trees (an uncommon eucalyptus tree that’s originally from islands north of Australia).
- Visit Garden of Eden, a gorgeous privately owned arboretum with trails and waterfall views (entry fee per person/optional).
- Visit the peninsula town of Keanae for a unique and stunning lava rock coastline with ocean currents crashing against the lava rock walls. And tasty banana bread and smoothies at Aunt Sandy’s.
- Take a dip and a jump at a local waterfall pond.
- Stop at selected places for the best homemade coconut ice-cream.
- Discover a local black sand beach and red sand beach.
- Venture into a unique lava tube with headlights!
- Take the road less travelled to a local historical town in the lush jungle for a leisurely walk to a hidden waterfall (seasonal) and panoramic coastline views. Visit Nahiku market as an option for lunch.
- Explore Waianapanapa State Park’s black sand beach, lava tube, blowhole (seasonal), and ancient coastal trails (optional – choose when booking for advanced reservations/entry fee to be added).
- Visit Kahanu Gardens & Pi’ilanihale Heiau, a national historic landmark believed to be the largest ancient temple in the Hawaiian Islands (entry fee per person/optional).
- Visit the largest and most impressive lava tube in Maui (entree fee per person/optional).
- Arrive in Hana for excellent lunch choices and Hawaiian snacks from local gourmet food trucks, stands, & Hana Farms, da best! If you prefer a restaurant, Hana Ranch Restaurant is the best choice.
- Visit two of our favorite local beaches.
- Discover giant resting Green Sea Turtles!
You will also have the opportunity to hire a professional videographer for your adventure!
Your package includes 35 edited photos and a 3-4 minute highlight video
- Luxury transportation in 2022 Honda Pilot EX-L SUV w/Moonroof & Auto Lift gate and/or 2020 Honda Odysee EX Minivan w/Auto Sliding doors.
- Fresh local banana bread.
- A cooler with bottled water, extra towels.
- Head lights, flashlights, umbrellas, trekking poles.
- First Aid kit, Dramamine, sanitation wipes, hand sanitizer.
- Paper towels, small trash bags, and other necessities.